Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies

Y'ALL!! I am about to do you a huge favor and introduce you to a recipe I found from Sally's Baking Addiction for Banana Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies. These are whole-grain, gluten free, vegan, no added sugar, no oil, no butter, and DELICIOUS!! Seriously, I've made 2 batches in 3 days and each batch made 14 cookies. Best part, you can eat the cookie dough and not feel guilty about it (at least I didn't)!!

The ingredients are:



  • 2 1/3 Cup Quick Oats *NOT Old Fashioned Oats. They have to be Quick Oats
  • 3/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 C almond butter
  • 2 large ripe bananas mashed *the riper, the better!!
  • 1/3 C dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips * I used 'Enjoy Life' mini chocolate chips. They are gluten, dairy, soy, nut, egg free and non-GMO
  • 1/4 C pure maple syrup
Pre heat oven to 325F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. The dough will be thick and sticky and yummy.

                             

I scooped a spoonful and dropped it onto the parchment paper, no need for specific measuring here. They don't expand when baking so, I made them as big as I wanted them to be after they baked. The bigger the better!! Bake for 15 minutes and if you can stand it, let them cool a little bit before popping one in your mouth. 

These cookies can stay fresh at room temp for up to a week AND you can freeze them for up to 3 months. Enjoy them!!

No comments :

Post a Comment