Simple + Delicious French Toast

I'll confess. I'm not a breakfast person. I'm not even a morning person. I'm not even a 'get out of bed before 10:00' person. However, since becoming a mommy, I've been forced to change my ways. Now that London isn't nursing as much and eats three meals a day, I've been playing with breakfast foods that her and I both will enjoy (and Jason, if he's home when we eat breakfast). This morning I played with a French toast recipe that all three of us enjoyed and thought I'd share!

Here are your ingredients:


1/4 cup all-purpose flour
 (I used 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Flour)
1 cup milk (I used Almond)
1 pinch salt
3 eggs
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon white sugar
 8 slices bread
Powdered sugar

Whisk the first 7 ingredients in a bowl (or in my case a 9x13 dish).


Place bread in and let soak till saturated and then soak the other side. (Mine soaked for 1-2 minutes per side)


Lightly spray a pan with non stick cooking spray and heat on medium
Cook the bread on each side till golden brown. Sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if you wish and serve with fresh fruit, syrup, anything you'd like! 


Enjoy! Thanks for reading!



No comments :

Post a Comment