Organic Veggie StirFry







I am and always have been a huge fan of Chinese food. And I have most certainly tried my fair share of fried rice/stir fry recipes. This one I am about to share is by far the best that I have personally made. I made it for lunch on Sunday, mostly for London, but then my husband Jason tried it and said it was, and I quote, 'bomb-dot-com.' So then I of course had to have some and it was SO good. Seriously y'all, I know there are many 'best' stir fry recipes out there, but I honestly don't think you would be disappointed if you made this. Plus! Everything I used was organic which makes this recipe even better!

Ingredients:

3 carrots, peeled and cut into small strips
1 stalk celery, cut small
1 head of broccoli, cut up
1 cup green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut small
3 cups brown rice/quinoa blend, cooked
1/2 cups green onions, sliced
1 onion, cut small
3 cloves garlic minced
1/4 cups canola oil
1/2 cups water
1/4 tamari soy sauce

*Peppers, water chestnuts, and any other veggies you like would be good ad ins as well! Make it your own!

This is the brown rice/quinoa blend that I used. 


I have never used it before but I found it at Publix, thought it would be good just to have to use as a side, then I decided to use it for this recipe and it was perfect. The quinoa adds more protein since there is no meat in the recipe. 

Directions:

First, heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Add the canola oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Stir fry for about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry for 2 minutes more. Add the red pepper, broccoli and green beans.
Mix all of the ingredients together, stirring, for 4 more minutes. Add the water and turn the heat to medium low. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli and green beans are softer, but still crisp.
Toss in the rice and soy sauce, stir to combine everything, and serve with the green onions sprinkled over the top.


Seriously good y'all! Hope you enjoy it!

Recipe adapted from doortodoororganics'*

No comments :

Post a Comment