The BEST Vegan Cupcakes


A lot of people hear 'vegan' or 'organic' and think that nothing fun or yummy can come from such a lifestyle. But let me tell you, these cupcakes are both FUN and YUMMY!! I'm not a vegan, but I do try to avoid dairy and animal products as much as possible. Maybe one day I'll be completely vegan. Who knows. Till then, I'll enjoy my small portions of organic meats, veggies, fruits, and these cupcakes!! I got this recipe from Sheri Silver over on Babble.

What you will need: 

Cupcakes
1 C. flour (I used whole wheat baking flour)
2 t. baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. grapeseed oil
3/4 C. non-dairy milk of choice (I used almond milk)
1 t. vanilla
1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
Pre-heat oven to 365 degrees. Line a pan with 10 cupcake liners. In a mixer bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix on low for a few seconds to combine. Add remaining ingredients and beat on medium till well blended and no lumps remain.
Fill the cupcake liners with the batter and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Test with a toothpick to see if you need to bake longer.
Remove cupcakes from pan and let cool before frosting.
Frosting
2 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. melted and cooled vegan butter
2 tsp. vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a mixer bowl. Beat on low till well combined, then increase speed to medium-high. Beat till light and fluffy. If frosting is too thick to pipe or spread, add more melted butter – a tablespoon at a time – till it reaches the right consistency. If it is too wet, add a little more powdered sugar.
Frost as desire. Serve immediately or keep covered, in the fridge, for up to three days.
I added Lucky Charm marshmallows to some of the cupcakes in honor of St. Patricks day. Those are not vegan haha


No comments :

Post a Comment