Valentine's Day Crafts

This Valentines Day was so fun for me. I honestly don't know what made me go craft crazy, I was a major slacker last year and did nothing for London's 1st Valentines Day. She was only two months old then so, maybe thats why? Ah well. You live and you learn.

The first Valentines Day craft we did was a little keepsake/decoration.


A simple square canvas, and some red acrylic paint, paint brush, and tiny hands and feet. 
SUPER easy and cute, right?!

On the 1st day of February I left this little gift for my nanny family.


You can find this FREE printable at the adorable iheartnaptime blog.


Grace and I made homemade Valentine cards to handout to her class.


All you do is take a picture of your child holding their arm out making a fist, kind of out to the side a little bit. Print your picture any size you wish (we did 4x6). Slit holes at the top and bottom of the fist and then you slide the sucker stick through and WA-LA, it looks like your child is handing out a sucker. I also added the text in Photoshop Elements.

Another decor craft I made was this chalk board metal heart stand for our table. Hobby Lobby had them on sale for $13, I bought some chalk markers and played with different handwriting till I was happy with it. I love this poem!



Our homemade Valentine gifts for daddy included a keepsake canvas and a '52 Reasons Why I Love You' jar.



In case anyone is wanting to make one of these and may need some ideas or inspiration, my '52 Reasons Why I Love You' included (in no particular order):
1. You're such a good daddy
2. Your loyalty to me
3. You encourage me
4. You do an awesome 'lawn mower' (its a dance move!)
5. You don't snore
6. You're SO handsome
7. You love me
8. You remember special occasions
9. You love Jesus
10. Your biceps
11. You pat my butt whenever I walk by
12. You watch movies with me
13. You put up with my attitudes
14. You're so good to my family
15. You let me wear your socks
16. You're a hard worker
17. You have a nice butt
18. You grill really good steaks
19. You snuggle our pups
20. You make friends everywhere you go
21. You let me sleep in
22. You hold me accountable
23. The face you make in the mirror while trying on clothes
24. You let me shop
25. You support me
26. You watch London on your days off
27. You apologize
28. You're so good with kids
29. You help clean the house
30. You make me laugh
31. You're honest with me
32. You chose me over everyone else
33. Your warmth
34. You're not afraid to be silly
35. You let us get pictures even though you hate them
36. You know when something is bothering me
37. Your forgiveness
38. 'I love you' texts
39. You make a good pillow
40. You open the door for me
41. You make decisions when I can't
42. You don't mind when I don't cook dinner
43. You hold my hand
44. You make me feel safe
45. You like to go places
46. You let me decorate for Christmas early…really early
47. You put gas in the car and air in the tires
48. Watching you joke with old friends
49. You give good hugs
50. You give even better kisses
51. You're always wanting to better our marriage
52. Your radical testimony

A jar, ribbon/string, chalk paint and marker, and paper and you have a special gift that I know your significant other will just love! You can do 52 reasons (1 for every week of the year) or 365 reasons (1 for every day of the year). How ever many you want!!

Have fun and thanks for reading!!

Oh! And here's a cute little Valentine picture of my babe just because I can and she's cute.



No comments :

Post a Comment